IBM's Cloud Services are focused on supporting clients on their cloud journey across any platform to achieve their business goals. It encompasses Cloud Advisory, Architecture, Cloud Native Development, Application Portfolio Migration, Modernization, and Rationalization as well as Cloud Operations.
· Cloud Services supports all public/private/hybrid Cloud deployments:
· IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud/Red Hat/AWS/ Azure/Google and client private environments.
· Cloud Services has the best Cloud developer architect Complex SI, Sys Ops and delivery talent delivered through our GEO CIC Factory model.
· As a member of our Cloud Practice you will be responsible for defining and implementing application cloud migration, modernisation and rationalisation solutions for clients across all sectors. You will support mobilisation and help to lead the quality of our programmes and services, liaise with clients and provide consulting services including:
· Create cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
· Assist in creating and executing of migration run books
· Evaluate source cloud (Physical¨ Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
· Bring together and define migration requirements.
· Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
· Maintain and improve processes, tools, and documentation that will support production security requirements in the best manner possible
· Hardening security designs as part of architectural design reviews
· You will work with clients to define and create solutions for application cloud migration modernization and rationalisation and have the experience as detailed in the Expertise section.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 10+ years’ experience in IT industry
· Minimum 2+ years of cloud experience with 1+ year of GCP hands-on experience
· Minimum of 1 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security
· Proficient in designing and implementing GCP security design and governance policies
· Hands-on knowledge on Cloud Identity, IAM, VPC, securing data at rest and in transit, security command center, cloud armor, RBAC, policy management, monitoring etc.
· Validated experience in working with common Application Security Tools e.g. (Fortify, AppScan, WebInspect, etc.)
· Expertise in Baking security controls into Engineering and DevOps automation pipelines (e.g. contribute to IaC automation and configuration management)
· Prior experience in designing, implementing, and integrating network-based and host-based security tools
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Creative problem-solving skills and proven communication Skill.
· Good to have GCP security engineer certification but not mandatory
· Prior experience working with financial services organization (preferably bank) is a big plus
· Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.