QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO SPEND THE SUMMER IN SANDY SPRINGS, GEORGIA
Cyber security and incident breaches are inevitable, and the risks rise every day. Many organizations are in a constant state of breach. To address this business problem, IBM® Security has created the IBM X-Force® Incident Response and Intelligence Services (IRIS) team of skilled professionals to help you proactively fortify your organizations against today's evolving global threat landscape. We employ IBM Cyber Range to demonstrate and immerse clients in cyber breach simulation to test organizations' cyber resiliency.
Are you passionate about cybersecurity and looking to become a cyber-champion? IBM Security is seeking a highly motivated intern to help improve the security awareness and visibility of our corporate cybersecurity program. This internship provides you with an opportunity to work independently and as part of the global X-Force team to develop a demonstrable system of Operational Technologies (OT) using industrial control systems. You will be working with the latest tools and technologies while being mentored by X-Force Red and IRIS, a group of cybersecurity professionals who handle penetration testing and incident response.
What do we look for in a successful X-Force Red Intern?
• Strong communication skills along with a combination of technical and business acumen
• Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
• Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands
• Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
• Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals and teams, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
• Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
• A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
• Are a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Security related field
• Must demonstrate proven academic success
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience using Linux operating systems, microcontrollers, digital logic, and electronic circuits
• Knowledge of network analyzer and protocols such as ModBus and other industrial control protocols
• Electronic circuit soldering skills
• Experience using oscilloscope and logic analyzer
• Strong verbal/written communication and attention to detail
• Self-starter with experience working in unstructured environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
•Foundation knowledge of computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering concepts
•Foundation knowledge of information security concepts and technologies
•Experience with robotics building
•Familiarity with industrial control systems
•Project management experience
•Course of study includes Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Control Systems or similar disciplines
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.