START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2020 (3 MONTHS)
This position is a Junior Data Scientist Internship role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. Responsibilities include building innovative analytical models, testing and validating models, data gathering and research, fact-based quantitative analysis, interpreting the models in business terms, and communicating findings to business leaders. Are you passionate about harnessing the power of big data and analytics to address real-world business problems and play a key role in influencing change? If so, we want you to apply.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with Python, R, SQL, or another programming language
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
· Experience or coursework in machine learning and/or natural language processing
· Familiarity with statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment
· Live or be willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, or another STEM field
· Quantitative data analysis
· Experience with modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
· Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
· Familiarity with machine learning and/or natural language processing
· Develop new problem-solving techniques to build new insights
· Project management experience
· Experience with data visualization tools
Secondary Job Category
Other Data Science
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As a Data Scientist Intern at IBM, you will help transform data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.