We are looking for a full time 12 month intern starting in January 2020. The successful candidate will be part of the research lab infrastructure services & technologies team that supports researchers and software engineers conceive, build, test and deploy solutions for some of the world's challenging technology problems. You will learn to deploy, manage and support IT infrastructure both locally on premise and in the cloud. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of technologies.
· Second year or later into a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field with a significant foundational computing content
· Natural interest and strong aptitude for learning new computing technologies
· Good interpersonal, verbal communication, written communication and problem solving skills
· Experience in the installation and configuration of Linux, OS X, iOS, Android and Windows operating systems
· Familiarity with one or more of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Perl
· Proficiency in utilising the Linux command line via SSH
· Experience in the configuration of TCP/IP networking on Linux, OS X, iOS, Android and Windows on WiFi/Ethernet
· Familiarity with building open source software from source code using git, compilers and build tools
· Familiarity with the installation and use of Integrated Development Environments e.g. Eclipse, Xcode
· Enjoys interaction with both technology & people
· Familiarity with the installation and use of scientific application software such as Jupyter, Matlab, Mathematica
· Familiarity with secure computing practices
· Familiarity with the use of cloud computing platforms
· Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools
· Familiarity with Audio Visual equipment and video editing
· Familiarity with 3D or Laser printing process
· Familiarity with single-board computers such as Raspberry Pi
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Business Operations Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Full-time OR Part-time
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Enterprise Operations
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
From landing the first astronauts on the moon to building the first cognitive system to win Jeopardy!, IBM with its diverse culture, continues to be the innovative spark of the computing revolutions that shape our world. At the core of IBM's innovation are its 12 global research labs. IBM Research Australia is a young, proud and diverse community working on industry solutions, conceiving, designing and building next generation enterprise systems.
Your Life @ IBM
About Business Unit
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.