Internships are 12 months in tenure and will commence in February 2020
The IBM Asset Management Support team provides Level 2 Technical Support for customers across Asia-Pacific, using the Maximo software product and related products.
We are looking for our next rising star to join our Internship program as an Asset Management Support Team Dispatche r. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work in dynamic team of Software Engineers, with a strong global presence. You will be gaining invaluable experience in this agile environment, where you will be interacting with other Support teams globally, to promote optimal technical support to customers in the most efficient manner.
Why be an IBM Intern?
- Exposure into the latest technologies that are revolutionising the way businesses think, communicate and operate.
- Learn from industry-leading professionals, who will be investing in your training and development
- Become fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to advance your career in technology
- Endless opportunities within IBM. Many of our Interns move onto successful careers in Development, or Consulting, others choose to stay within Support organisation in consulting, teaching or management roles.
In this role, I will learn how to:
- Monitor a high number of Incoming queues for cases (problem tickets) to be dealt with.
- Assign new cases to members of the team depending on availability, workload and expertise area.
- Monitor queues for SEV 1 (urgent) cases that come in and assign them or notify other Dispatchers in other geographies.
- Notify Support Engineers of any cases that come back in incoming queues
- Handle cases coming from other non-standard Maximo silos
- Assist with reassigning cases to other Support teams in the UK and North America
- Participate in additional ad-hoc duties such as managing updates for the online Support Community and blogging release dates
Knowledge in Excel
Strong attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to learn
To be eligible to apply:
• Have Australian citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency
• Have New Zealand citizenship or New Zealand Permanent Residency
• Have at least a credit average from respective universities
• You will be enrolled in a tertiary degree at University in Australia/ New Zealand – Throughout the internship program
• Candidates must be from Australian or New Zealand Universities
• Have no more than 2 years relevant work experience
Additional Important Information:
• Candidates are advised to populate their preferred email ID for the hiring process communication purpose
• Candidates are advised to provide a complete CV which outlines the required requirements(Example: Citizenship/PR status, Current/Latest Weighted Average Mark or Grade Point Average score/ Education Background/Work experiences)
• All applicants are required to check their email ID (1) business day after applying online to undergo an IPAT test. (MANDATORY TEST) Instructions for the test will be outlined in the email.
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry – and our planet.
For more information about IBM's internship program:
Have a question you'd like to ask?
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ibmcareersanz
-Upload your CV, cover letter, academic transcript and your Right to Work document (AU/NZ passport, citizenship/birth certificate and photo identification).
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Business Operations Professional
State / Province
NEW SOUTH WALES
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Enterprise Operations
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.