· Support one-off tactical sourcing of client requirements as assigned
· Provide multi-category support as assigned
· Assist in executing competitive bid events and other sourcing projects
· Assist in communicating with and negotiating with suppliers
· Analyze changing client/market conditions - gather information for benchmarking
· Support client specific category strategy
· Perform detailed analysis of spend and other data to identify savings, define efficiency opportunities, and tactical and strategic initiatives that should be undertaken
· Assist with the identification of appropriate potential suppliers to fit clients' business objectives
· Assist with the tracking and reporting of supplier performance and resolution of supplier performance issues
· Support periodic key stakeholder meetings with client to review commodity strategy and activities by preparing materials as assigned
· Assist with analyzing existing contracts
· Act in compliance with all relevant IBM business conduct guidelines and client driven procurement processes
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Previous intern experience in IBM Global Procurement
· Basic understanding of fundamental business processes and procurement
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Supply Chain Management or similar discipline
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
IBM Global Procurement is guided by our mission “to maximize value for our suppliers, clients and the IBM enterprise”. Our Global Procurement team is seeking a highly talented undergraduate level student with a passion for procurement, supply chain and market analysis to fill a part-time Co-Op opportunity for the term January through May, 2020
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Global Procurement – the purchasing arm of IBM.
For more than 100 years, IBM has been at the forefront of innovation and transformation, and IBM Global Procurement has played a critical role in this journey.
We leverage strategic partnerships across our networks and utilize cutting edge technologies to act as a trusted business advisor to our clients. We recommend the greatest opportunities and execute with speed to capture value. Our goal is to delight our clients every day. The best way to accomplish this goal is by developing and driving innovative relationships among our greatest assets: our talented employees and our world-class supplier base. Together we improve the client experience and provide the best possible outcomes.
Global Procurement enables internal and external client's success by actively supporting their purchasing needs. We support contract deliverables that meet or exceed targeted SLA's through market analysis, supplier profiles, negotiations, and supplier relationship management.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.