The position is a full-time assignment from January-August 2020
Location: Littleton, MA
As an Automation Development and Testing Software Developer Co-Op you will:
· Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
· Employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
· Enable continuous deployment and availability by designing, developing and creating automated frameworks, processes and test cases based on functional and end-user requirements.
· Build and manage testing environments, assisting in debugging application issues.
· Implement software that tests and stresses on-premises products and/or cloud services for end users. Who You Are:
· You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
· You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
· You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Must have basic knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: C#, Java, Groovy, Python, Unix Shell Scripting
· Good understanding of multi-tiered web applications
· Working knowledge of Selenium drivers using Java
· REST API testing knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Basic knowledge of automation tools and testing frameworks
· Bachelors or Masters Degree
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Must be available to work in Littleton, MA for the from January - August 2020
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.