Welcome to the Andaz, where our name translates from Hindi as "personal style".
Our hotel is not conventional, this is reflected in our people and woven into the fabric of our culture of creating memorable experiences, part of the Hyatt Hotels portfolio.
Uncover an environment free of barriers, where ideas are exchanged and encouraged. We are a 5 Star Lifestyle Hotel located in the heart of vibrant East London. Featuring 267 newly refurbished rooms, 7 exciting bars & restaurants and 15 diverse event spaces. We embrace people challenging the norm and who aren't afraid of standing out, that's what makes us different – your personal style whether that be tattoos, piercings or pink hair.
Ideal candidate profile
About the role:
As the Assistant HR Manager at the Andaz London Liverpool Street you will actively support the HR Manager in all aspects of the Employee Lifecycle while also managing the more junior members of the team including the colleague restaurant team.
Some of the key focus areas include but are not limited to:
· Drive employee engagement with fun, rewarding and recognition events for the colleagues whenever possible
· Handle any employee relations matters supporting the HR Manager
· Payroll preview on a monthly basis ensuring the compliance remains on track throughout the year
· Recruitment and selection supporting the cluster Talent Acquisition team to communicate on a timely manner updates from the hiring managers and reduce the time to hire figure
· Overlook and support the Colleague Restaurant team with their rotas
· Ad hoc projects to deliver innovative solutions demonstrating the care we have for our colleagues
· Previous experience with strong UK law and employee relations background is essential
· Previous experience at least HR Officer level preferred in a similar hotel/hospitality environment
· Able to work under pressure and the ability to manage your time and to meet tight deadlines you will thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail and excellent computer knowledge is essential; social media user preferred
· With professionalism and the ability to communicate with empathy at all levels, you'll be a team player.
· Your organisational skills will be second to none and you will have excellent written and verbal English.
Being part of Andaz also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 679 hotels in over 54 different countries, also recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company !
What is in it for you?
Continuous learning and development is paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room.
· 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· 1 Complimentary night stay for 2 in the Andaz (incl. dinner and breakfast) after 6 months of employment
· Discounts of up to 50% in our 7 restaurants & bars
· Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
· Complimentary meals on duty
· Bike 2 work scheme
· Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations
· Workplace pension scheme
· Annual season ticket loan
· Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in the form of complimentary stays, massages and many more,
Are you ready for a dynamic environment where you can truly shine?
This role is subject to employer right to work checks.