· Ensures that the Department's activities are aligned with the Corporate Finance Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation and updates of Finance and Information Systems Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Ensures that the hotel is adhering to all Company/Hotel Finance Policies and Procedures.
· Ensures that government-stipulated employee and tax legislations are strictly followed and implemented.
· Conducts regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
· Ensures that an organised, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all pertinent financial records.
· Assists in reviewing all Accounting Department's daily mail, including all incoming and outgoing Accounts Receivable correspondences.
· Responsible for ensuring that all Corporate, Regional, hotel and governmental reports are compiled accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
· Monitors and ensures that hotel licences are renewed on time.
· Administers and renews insurance policies. Customer Service
· Supports the hotel's focus on service excellence by training and assisting others to train people to provide exceptional service to the hotel's external customers (guests).
· Ensures that Finance personnel provide the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships. Financial
· Assists with the preparation of the annual Finance Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.
· Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Finance Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Director of Finance ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system. Operational
· Ensures that each section of the Accounting and Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximising utilisation of technology.
· Monitors and liaises with insurance brokers with regards to claims.
· Reviews all Purchase Requests to ensure that the correct charts of account codes are used.
· Maintains and programs Master Keys for the hotel, to print key movement reports for investigation and to back-up historical keys' data on a regular basis.
· Handles valuable 'Lost and Found' items and liaises with Security for submission to the Police Station.
· Participates in the monthly Financial Review and Credit meetings. Income Audit
· Reviews all spot checks such as cash counts, conducted by the income auditors.
· Reviews and approves General Cashiers Report ensuring that all receipts are intact and remitted to the bank promptly. Accounts Payable
· Checks and approves all Petty Cash claims/reimbursements.
· Approves travel agent commissions via World Travel Payment (WTP) program.
· Approves all IOUs and liase with the general cashier to ensure that they are cleared on time.
· Checks and monitors the Manual Check record book to ensure that the running sequence is accounted for.
· Ensures that all travel agents' commissions' payments are on time. Payroll
· Reviews and ensures that all reconciliation such as Central Provident Fund, Foreign Workers' Levy, Unclaimed Wages etc., are performed on time.
· Reviews and approves all IR21 (Tax Clearance) forms.
· Reviews and approves month-end payroll summary (Part time and Full time). Accounts Receivable/Credit
· Approves all rebates, write offs and transfers.
· Reviews the daily In-house Guest Credit over list to ensure that the Credit department has taken appropriate follow-up actions. General Accounting
· Reviews and approves all Journal Vouchers.
· Reviews all Balance Sheet accounts ensuring schedules are prepared on time and accurately.
· Reviews the financial results after closing.
· Reviews and monitors the monthly cash flow so that an optimal cash position is achieved. Cost Audit
· Reviews all in- house functions and requisitions for reasonableness
· Reviews all inventory items in the General Store for discrepancies and slow moving items.
· Assists the Director of Finance in all monthly financial reporting and analysis.
· Assists the Director of Finance in compiling budgets and forecasts and assists Department Heads by providing historical data or support details.
· Assists with the preparation of special statistical reports which local management or the Area Office may require.
· Sets guidelines and deadline dates for each employee's monthly work in order to ensure timely financial reporting.
· Conducts surprise counts (at least once per month) of the House Banks and reports differences to the Director of Finance.
· Handles all problems of the accounting office with the exception of those that have been referred to the Director of Finance. People Management
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Finance employees. Ensures that hotel guidelines are adhered when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Finance employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department's grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of Section Heads by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Director of Finance and supports employees in their professional development goals.
· Plans and implements effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of the People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedback the results of the Employee Engage Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented. Other Duties
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in taxes, employee and industrial relations.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
· Responds to changes in the Finance function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Attends all training and meetings as required.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
· Vietnamese speaking fluently
· Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Commerce or hospitality/ tourism management
· Professional Experience in Hospitality: Progressive experience in Accounting operations in a 5 star luxury property, 2 years of which would have been spent as a Chief Accountant. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) board passer is an advantage. Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills with high regard for detail and accuracy, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
· Leadership Experience: Demonstrated skills in leading a diverse team with varying degrees of experience and talents Able to teach and inspire team members to be their best everyday.