GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Engineering Technology
The Wind Controls Team develops controls systems software that allows wind turbines and wind farms to reliably convert wind energy into clean electricity under various wind & site conditions. In this role, you will perform extensive testing & validation of new controls algorithms across various wind turbines models, and develop fixes for identified defects. You can also expect to get engaged in RCAs and work to improve fleet reliability.
· Develop test cases and documentation associated with wind turbine controls design.
· Validate wind turbine control software releases by executing test cases either via simulation or remote testing on actual customer turbines.
· Identify defects against requirements and suggest solutions.
· Develop controls fixes and implement in PLC software.
· Create and lead execution of validation plan for productivity and NPI program controls integration and operability in PIL / HITL / Turbine in the field.
· Contribute to Controls Design Practices to implement failure prevention.
· Document test results in approved systems and drive proper validation and release processes via engineering tools.
· Maintain controls test bench such as PIL / HITL.
· Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments.
· Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews.
· Lead the solution of complex technical problems.
· Utilize Six Sigma tools to improve current business products and processes.
· Document successful Six Sigma projects via Green Belt reports and/or presentations.
· Concurrently work on multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality, and ensuring schedule requirements are met.
· Check own and other people’s work.
· Recognized technical expert in relevant engineering domain.
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal customers through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical data.
· Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Controls Engineering).
· Minimum of 3 years in control systems technology or Industrial software development.
· Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position.
· Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
· Able to maintain a simple conversation in English. For more information, consult the HR English Evaluations document located in Support Central.
· Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership.
· Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions.
· Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments.
· Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience.
· Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to influence others and to lead small teams.
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
· Effective problem identification and solution skills.
· Proven analytical and organizational abilities.
· Legal right to work in México. We will not sponsor individuals for legal permits or visas.
· In case of being a GEIQ employee, you must have previously occupied a position as an E1 or E2.
· Hands-on experience for software development and deployment in the field, performing validation and issue resolution.
· Basic understanding of sensors, analog and digital I/O, and industrial communication protocols.
· Experience with Matlab and Simulink or PLC programming languages: structured text, instruction list, etc.
· Good analytical and, learning skills, strong in oral and , written communication.
· Demonstrated ability with working in cross-functional teams and/or a matrixed organization.
· Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
· Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering related to Controls / Sensing / Dynamics.
· Minimum of 2 or more years of experience relevant to wind turbine control system design.
· Direct experience with GE Mark VIe or Bachmann controller.
· Experience in modeling, controls, dynamics, testing, and design of wind turbines.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com