Your future department
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Inspection Générale Hub Brussels & Factor (IG HB&F) is an internal audit department and plays, as an integral part of BNP Paribas’ Inspection Générale, an important role in the ”corporate governance” of BNP Paribas Fortis NV/SA and BNP Paribas Group.
IG HB&F provides professional and independent assurance to support the achievement of the objectives of the bank and other entities of BNP Paribas. It evaluates the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes, and recommends solutions for optimising them.
IG HB&F associates create a close team that is mainly active in Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, and on invitation in BNP Paribas world-wide.
What’s in it for you?
Are you looking for a learning experience providing you with a very broad view on the activities of the bank ? Being part of this Hub gives you the perfect opportunity for personal growth and to apply and expand your skills with continuous education.
Our team isn’t an island. Being part of the IG Hub means that we are interconnected with a wide range of people and teams. This function will therefore open new career evolution opportunities and contacts within any other business / function within the bank.
We can also offer you the possibility to perform an audit in other parts of the BNP Paribas Group and open your perspectives even in a broader way.
Your future job:
As a member of the audit team, you follow the developments within one of the following businesses: Retail and Private Banking, Corporate and Institutional Banking, Factoring, Asset Management, Insurance, Personal Finance, Financial and Operational Leasing, Risk, Compliance, Finance and other functions.
You will work in an inspiring BNP Paribas–wide environment where you can create an added value by:
· Analysing processes and the related risks, and evaluating the internal controls, while executing audit assignments according to the BNP Paribas IG methodology;
· Formulating audit findings, recommendations and conclusions that support the business in the achievement of its mission;
· Providing management with “assurance” on the quality of internal control;
· Cooperating on ad hoc internal IG projects and executing specific investigations / assignments in a flexible way;
· Maintaining a network of contacts and relations internal or external to IG HB&F and keeping yourself updated on the evolution within your field of attention.
Highlight your strengths
· You have a Master’s degree and you have 3 to 5 years external or internal audit experience; a sound finance and accounting competence and/or skills in auditing digitalised processes are important assets.
· You are prepared to acquire additional knowledge on audit techniques, internal control, governance and other BNPP Fortis businesses.
· You go for a professional certification within a period of 2 years (a.o. Certified Internal Auditor, Executive Master in Internal Auditing, …).
· You can be a pro-active teamplayer and you can apply a professional, result driven and client oriented approach.
· You can combine an in-depth analytical approach with synthesis and have an independent mindset.
· You can express yourself fluently, both verbally and in writing, in Dutch/French/English.
· You can be an enthusiastic colleague, with an eye for detail and respect for deadlines.
· You like to take initiative, and are good at organising your work and ensuring follow-up.
· You are familiar with the common Office applications.
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
By choosing us, you get
· Excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development to spread your wings.
· A permanent contract and an attractive remuneration.
· A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
· And last but not least, a challenging and fascinating job.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!