Description de l'offre
Product Studies Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Product Studies Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join Earth Observation, Navigation and Science.
You are a versatile experienced Product Studies Engineer and will join a group working on advanced programmes for satellite ground systems. You will report to the Head of Product Studies and will take on significant responsibilities within the Product Studies group.
This role requires a highly proactive and technically passionate individual. A strong ability to rapidly come up to speed with new technologies is essential as is an enquiring and creative approach. The role will involve taking responsibility for work packages and the technical content of proposals. The group works on a range of studies and R&D programmes and the ability to propose novel solutions is expected.
In addition, you will have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the customer Agencies (e.g. ESA, UK MOD), other System Primes, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Development of Use Case and CONOPS.
· Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
· Delivery of incremental systems design and baseline design for some component solutions.
· Technical analysis of system design issues
· Performance budgeting
· Interface definition
· Authoring of technical specifications
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Experience of capturing user requirements
· Experience in Systems Engineering and architectural design;
· Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex systems;
· Experience of writing technical requirements;
· Experience of interface management and definition;
· Capability to prepare and manage Interface Control Documents;
· Ability to use modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect);
· Experience of software development