Airbus Defence and Space (Intelligence) Farnborough
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A new role has been created for a Lead Manufacturing Engineering (ME) inside the HAPS Zephyr project team based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
The scope of this role is to deliver ME solutions to the new production system which delivers the HAPS Zephyr Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment in line with business requirements.
The HAPS Zephyr is a new state of the art, award winning, solar powered ultralight weight electric Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space. As a key member of the HAPS production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent into a qualified lean production system for HAPS Zephyr UAV's platforms to Safety, Quality, Cost and Time.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Clearance to undertake this role.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Creating MRP system shop floor routings / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions(SOI's) / quality care cards
· Definition of electronics/avionics and wiring tooling and test solutions
· Technical dossiers and support to procurement activities, supply chain monitoring and Make v Buy decisions (including benchmarking)
· Use of the CAD (Solidworks, OrCAD, Altium) & PLM(Windchill) toolset and BOM(SAP) administration/configuration control (co-ordinate with design)
· Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain
· Application of APQP as appropriate
· Perform Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
· Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
· Liaison with Manufacturing System Engineering. (Process flow, line balancing, capital investment items, facilities requirements)
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level in an electronic / avionics engineering discipline
· Proven working experience in an electrical Manufacturing Engineering environment
· Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft or space electronics hardware production, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques
· Experience of creating, standardising or improving electrical production systems, teams and facilities
· Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues
· Abiltiy to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation
· Advanced IT & CAD Skills
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).