Description de l'offre
Embedded Software Engineer
Airbus DS Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Embedded Software Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
You will be responsible to the Software Team Lead for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and integrating a software module or component as directed by the Software Team Lead.
This will include the production of full design documentation and UML models associated with the software module.
Software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
· Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality onstraints
· Tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
· Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired
Timely reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks and issues arising from allocated Work Packages
· Taking technical and task leadership from Team Lead
· Design, implementation and integration of allocated software
modules or components to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria.
· Communicating effectively with other team members.
· Being an effective and productive member of the team.
This position is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
· Knowledge and familiarity with software development methodologies.
· Ability to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration in an autonomous environment.
· Real-time software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++.
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
· Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
· Object oriented analysis, design and development using UML or similar methodologies.
· Experience of software configuration management.
· Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.