London, Greater London
Construction & Property - Construction & Property
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
My Client is recruiting for a Hire Controller to join their friendly team based in East London at their Hire and Plant company.
Ideally someone from a Hire Control background or with Construction equipment knowledge
Will also consider drivers who are looking to move into an office environment/admin role.
Hours are 7:30am-4:30pm/ 8:30am-5:30pm
Salary of £23K (Dependant on experience)
Main purpose of the job is to carry out all administration duties to ensure the smooth, effective running of the branch and also ensure all telephone enquiries in the location are dealt with in a professional and effective manner. To make sure that all sales/hire quotations are dealt with promptly and followed up on due decision dates.
· To acquire a thorough working knowledge of all Company products that are available for hire and sale. To keep this knowledge updated and to absorb all relevant knowledge of new products.
· To develop a thorough understanding of our product uses and applications.
· To ensure all incoming telephone calls are answered promptly and courteously taking appropriate action to deal with customer requirements.
· To prepare hire/sale quotations as required and action these as necessary. Follow up quotations and endeavour to secure business for the Company
· Complete hire contracts, delivery/collection notes to enable delivery and/or collections to be made as and when the client requires.
· To negotiate and liaise with outside hauliers to arrange transport of materials, arranging site visits where necessary where suitable access and ground is not ascertained. Ensure our haulier companies fully understand our requirements and that they will meet their commitment. Ensure that customers are aware of arrangements made and access is possible.
· To liaise with the location manager and ensure that all sales/hire leads are followed up in the most effective and efficient manner.
· To make any appointments as required for the Branch Manager. To keep the Branch Manager informed of daily branch progress by telephone and/or face-to-face.
· To maintain all necessary paperwork/computer data to ensure smooth effective running of the location.
· To liaise with other branch employees to ensure the client's requirements are fully understood and can be met (delivery and siting on time and ensuring materials are of acceptable standard).
· To liaise with the suppliers and ensure that all relevant information is obtained to progress any sales on time.
· To liaise with other branches with regard to product availability.
· To keep up with local competitors products and trends and be aware of any developments, which may effect local branch operations.
· To participate in the Company stock takes and to input results of the stock take onto the computer system.
· To carry out effective telesales and mailshot activity as directed by the Branch Manager
· To carry out effective cash chasing and update the cash collection records.
· To prepare records relating to local banking and petty cash.
Great benefits including 25 days holiday.
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV successful candidates will be contacted within a few days.
For any questions regarding this role please call Laura Woolvin/ Lucy Jackson on 020 8594 9225
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy