Job: Category Operations
Department: Customer Marketing
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
· To deliver the operational business plan through the category team (BB).
· Provide input into the development of the Category Business Plan, with focus on ensuring that customer's requirements and plans are incorporated and that the plan will grow both the total category and the Unilever business.
· Facilitate clear and open dialogue with Customer Teams and customers to ensure they have clear understanding of Unilever category strategy and plans, and optimize alignment of activities with these.
· Develop the activation elements of the Category Business Plan by channel focusing on delivering the strategic thrusts and implement these to achieve category objectives.
List of main job outputs – accountabilities. They are not activities or duties, but few (4-10) descriptions of the role the job plays in the organizational structure.
1. Development of Customer / Channel Strategy based on Category Business Plan and understanding of the dynamics of customers and channels
2. Communication and agreement with Customer Management of strategy, activation plans, targets and budgets as part of AP, to ensure a clear understanding of the category by the customer team.
3. Development & evaluation of Category tactics (ie. Price Promo, free weight, co-packs, assortment, pricing)
4. Represent the customer within the business, and the Unilever category plan to the customer, to facilitate alignment of strategies and plans
5. Understand competitor tactics within channels / customers and develop / initiate Unilever response in line with Competition law.
6. Consolidate field/country plans as an input to the S&OP
7. Input to the S&OP process, owning the short term sales forecast and participation to the meetings
8. Responsible for the CPP, CS budgets of the category.
9. Lead execution of plans & activities including customized offerings (incl. special packs, channel specific packs)
10. Analyze the ROI of the marketing activities executed with the customer.
11. Monitor & accountable for market share, National numeric distribution, weighted distribution and Customer Dealing.
12. Accountable for total Category % TTS budget spent vs. target
· 2-3 years of Experience in Field of sales.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Excel Knowledge