Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Junior Technical artist will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
· Provide documentation of the art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
· Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready;
· Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
· Assist in the optimisation of content for memory and performance gains;
· Assist the Technical Art Director with the creation of documentation;
· Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed to for the production art team;
· Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
· Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
· Document approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
· Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
· Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
· Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Proactive and results orientated;
· Willingness to share knowledge openly;
· Knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
· Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
· Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
· Good time management and prioritisation skills;
· Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
· Understanding of art asset pipelines;
· Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
· Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
· Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
· Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.