We're embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As an AI Game Designer at Massive, you'll work embedded in an interdisciplinary team of specialists to create characters that will immerse our players with the ultimate, interactive Pandora experience. These NPCs will interact with the player, world, and the game systems to create systemic, emergent experiences.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
· Designing and implementing NPCs with a focus on reactive, systemic, and emergent behaviors.
· Collaborating with AI programmers, character artists, and animators to realize detailed NPCs who appear to have a life of their own.
· Working directly in our Snowdrop game-engine, tweaking and iterating on your NPCs, and will help in defining what tools you need to work effectively and efficiently.
· Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer and the rest of the Design team.
You’re an experienced, innovative, and creative designer with a passion for making games. Perhaps you’ve worked on high-profile indie games or you’ve helped ship AAA titles.
You’ve a proven background in one or more technically focused specialties: systems design, combat, AI, mission scripting, or level scripting, and you’re an enthusiastic communicator, easily receiving and offering feedback with your colleagues, Lead and directors, all in fluent English.
· A minimum of 4 years’ proven experience in a game design role.
· At least one shipped title, preferably AAA.
· Experience working with AI/NPCs.
· Comfortable implementing gameplay logic using node-based tools and/or programming / scripting.
· Professional experience with systems-driven games.
· Knowledge of iterative development and rapid prototyping.
· You have an understanding of all phases of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out at the videos posted below.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.