Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™, both based on the worldwide known TV shows of the same name. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations.
The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
The 3D Artist produces autonomously the modelling and texturing of 3D objects, characters and the graphical content of levels in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines. They works with Concept/Lighting/Texture artists, Game designers to ensure that there are no technical problems met, or hindering of the work of other team members.
Job Responsibilities :
· Produce autonomously the modelling and texturing of 3D objects in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines;
· Deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction;
· Apply optimization to her/his work;
· Efficiently apply graphic principles in her/his work;
· Use and look for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game;
· Suggest images in line with the project's artistic direction;
· Understand and implement the desired gameplay intentions in the game levels she/he is in charge of;
· Is flexible and able to adapt to different artistic styles.
· Experience in Autodesk Maya or Autodesk 3D Studio Max (modelling and texturing tools);
· Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modelling;
· Very good knowledge of modelling techniques;
· Very good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
· Ability to use efficiently the texture space and to take into consideration the pixel ratio;
· Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects;
· Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
· Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams;
· Passion for games and strong game culture;
· Good English and communication skills.
· Previous experience in game development of 3D mobile title
· Drawing and sculpting skills are additional plus.
We are a multicultural team with 26 nationalities in 60 people. 100% of our teams are expats and we offer end to end relocation to UAE for self and family plus some exciting benefits and perks.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.