Are you a current student seeking to combine your studies and theoretical knowledge with practical experience from an international, high performing energy organization? And are you interested in kick-starting your career within Finance If yes, then this student assistant position in Total office in Copenhagen might be your match!
Overall, you will assist the Head of Treasury in providing all treasury services for Total Upstream Denmark (TUDK), and in ensuring bank relations & coordination for all Danish entities.
Your area of responsibility will include tasks such as:
· Assist in preparing short and medium term cash flow forecasting as well as foreign exchange and interest rates exposure forecasts;
· Conduct daily treasury operations such as liquidity management, bank account structures and cash optimization in close interaction with Total Treasury;
· Prepare all reporting requirements from Treasury;
· Manage financing and treasury strategy, policies and processes in coordination with Headquarter in Paris and London, under supervision of the Head of Treasury;
· Coordinate the Group’s representation among local banks for all Danish entities;
· Ensure consistency of treasury policies within Denmark, in strict compliance with Total Group treasury rules;
· Perform bank reconciliation together with Accounting and ensure that reconciled items are clear in a timely manner;
· Ensure delegation of authorities and that all related administrative requirements are maintained (e.g. bank signatories);
· Implement fraud risk prevention and detection measures and processes and ensure effective analysis and reporting of any fraud incident;
· Coordinate the implementation of new treasury systems;
· Contribute to the negotiation of bank guarantees and collect all financial guarantees granted or received by Total Country Services.
Who we are looking for
It is important that you possess a safety mindset. You are currently enrolled at a university and we expect your study to be within Finance or Business area. We are looking for a proactive team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
· Being enrolled in a Bachelor/Master program is a requirement
· Experience in an international company is an advantage
· Proficiency in oral and written English
· Knowledge of MS Office
We look forward to receiving your application!
Business Development, General Finance Responsibility, Cash & Financing Management
Student Assistant in Treasury Department
Exploration and Production
Finance, General Services, Strategy Economics Business
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years
Fixed term position
Context and environment
We offer – Total Upstream Denmark
Total offers you a unique opportunity to join one of the top 5 Oil & Gas majors, operating in more than 130 countries with over 150 nationalities and 500 professions. This means that you will be able to engage, share knowledge, gain cultural intelligence and become part of a collective success in terms of cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary teams.
We offer an opportunity for you to kick-start your career in a highly skilled and international work environment. You will be given the opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into play and to use a holistic approach in the operation of a major capital project. You will be involved in everyday tasks and ongoing projects bringing a dynamic and interesting work day. Potentially, you will be given the opportunity to gain further insight to our business as an intern or in connection with your Bachelor or Master Thesis.
The general mission of the treasury department is to manage the liquidity of the company business. This means that all current and projected cash inflows and outflows must be monitored to ensure that there is sufficient cash to fund company operations, as well as to ensure that excess cash is properly invested.
And, as a student assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from highly skilled colleagues, with strong focus on providing high quality and commercially integrated advice to our internationally orientated business. In the team, you will be provided with an in-depth insight into the everyday work life interfacing with a multitude of stakeholders.
Working hours will be approximately 15-20 weekly, with great flexibility in the planning.
For HR related questions regarding this position, please contact our Recruitment Student Assistant Ambra Cocuzza on +45 7911 1074.