· The Quantitative & Trading Analysis team aims at providing a better understanding of the markets traded by TGP in terms of price and fundamentals, finding ways to model/forecast their dynamics and dealing with complex issues requiring a quantitative approach (pricing, hedging and simulations of complex products, transactions or assets)
· In a context of great autonomy, the team contributes interpretation, advisory and support to all global TGP trading desks and to senior management and helps them to define trading strategies and/or take decisions
· The Quantitative & Trading Analysis team is typically staffed with 8 permanent analysts
· The holder of the position covers primarily the LNG market but will get exposure to the other commodities traded by TGP (including worldwide gas, power, coal and other dry products, NGLs).
· Edit regular (daily, weekly, monthly) price reports dispatched throughout the Group, maintain and develop the related files, supervise rightness and timeliness of underlying data
· Analyse market data - market prices, fundamental data (supply, demand, flows, weather impact...) - and stay up to date on market structure in terms of companies, infrastructures and regulations
· Provide market reports and analysis to traders & management, as well as to Paris headquarter, affiliates and market partners; create and update presentations on market-related topics
· Supervise relationships with Total market data repositories (Medeco, GRP Intelligence as an example) and develop new data sources
· Understand what are the driving forces on the energy markets in general and more specifically on the LNG market
· Ensure support to Paris headquarters on market-related issues that may arise on their regular activity
· Develop an understanding of the trading desks business model, help traders define trading strategies and stay up to date regarding their positions
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Trading Shipping :
One of the most active players in the international oil markets
We have built a vast network of customers and suppliers worldwide, enabling us to trade on a daily basis with national oil companies, producers, other oil majors, refiners, traders, distributors and end-users.
We actively trade most crude grades and nearly all qualities of refined products, from high sulphur cracked fuel oil to gasoline components.
We have developed a set of trading strategies and expertise, which allows us to respond permanently to market changes and opportunities.
Through our commitment to the oil markets, we have become a major player in all their various aspects: physical, futures and derivatives.
· 6 months to 1 year of experience in an energy related environment
· University educated (ideally at Master’s level or higher) in Economics, Mathematics, Business or Engineering
· Basic knowledge of the LNG market. Experience in an energy trading environment would be a plus
· The position requires autonomy, objectivity, innovation, to be resourceful and well organised
· The applicant should be able to explain complex issues and present them in a clear and neat manne
· Fluent in English – knowledge of French is an advantage
Market Research Analyst – LNG Focussed
Gas Renewables And Power
Strategy Economics Business
Experience level required
0 - 3 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
Context and environment
Total Gas and Power is a 100% owned subsidiary of Total, a major energy player which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. TGP commercialises the non-committed gas, LNG and LPG of the upstream affiliates as well as dry products (sulphur and petcoke) of the refining affiliates; supplies gas and power to the marketing affiliates and takes speculative positions on the gas, LNG, LPG, power, sulphur and petcoke markets globally
The job holder will need to:
· Provide in-depth analysis of the LNG market to identify current and future market drivers and behaviours, with particular focus on Asian demand
· Enhance Total Group’s understanding of the LNG market and help develop a global view of energy markets and their interactions
· Promote Total trading activities to clients and other stakeholders via reports and meetings
· Contribute to the management of the relationship with the related Total entities and clients of the Research team