CAPE TOWN-TYGER VALLEY CHAMBERS 2(ZAF)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality :
· To effectively manage and minimise the risk associated with depot operations by ensuring:
· compliance with all HSE Policies, rules, guidelines and legal requirements within area of responsibility;
· promotion of safe working environment and positively contributing to the company HSE KPI’s and risk reduction strategies;
· Conduct proper and timely risk assessment for all risks to health and safety and implement measures to mitigate the identified risks.
· Manage the upkeep and conditions of all equipment through thorough pre-use, daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
· Prepare and submit timely all HSEQ related reporting.
· Conduct daily, weekly and monthly Safety meetings and record all minutes.
· Manage health and safety, security, emergency systems/procedures, protective clothing requirements and incidents reporting according to company policies and relevant regulations.
Achieving Profit for Depot through the following means:
· Achieve budgeted volumes
· Coordinate daily production and ensure cost effective operations
· Manage and control depot budgeted Operating expenditure
Integrity role for depot management :
· Initiate meetings with the relevant staff on the depot regarding safety barriers
· Realization of the integrity checks based on the guide of constraints
· Downgrade modes requirements and put in place validated downgrade modes safety critical barriers
· Maintain stock at site effectively by investigating and reporting variances timely
· Ensure stock is counted 2x daily by 3x different staff and verified between counters
· Ensure that all controls for stock are in place
· Ensure MBR is completed accurately with comments, corrections and investigations daily
· Ensure seals distribution, record keeping is documented and controlled on a register and balances
· Update production on SAP daily to ensure that no over / under production is done
· Manage hourly production report on manual scales and carousels
· Monitoring and control of staff leave and processing on SharePoint
· Submit timely all the reports listed on the reporting deadline schedule
· Monitor and report on any other activities and provide relevant information to management
· Manage, motivate, train and develop staff according to company policies and ensure that HR procedures are followed.
· Conduct Performance Management
· Liaise with external agencies and authorities as and when necessary (contractors, health and safety inspectors, fire department, police, etc.)
· Stand in for the Depot Manager during his/her absence
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Knowledge and Experience required
· Tertiary qualification or relevant experience (Preferably an Chemical Engineering Qualification (Desired but not a Requirement)
· A minimum of three years working experience on Supervisory level
· A good knowledge of relevant legislation that impacts on LPG distribution and installations for example OHS-Act, HAZCHEM and relevant SABS regulations
· Excellent Knowledge of Industrial Relations
· Excellent Knowledge of SAP
· Intermediate to advanced level micro-soft office proficiency
· Experience in producing and submitting quality reports as required
· Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
· Good leader qualities
· Strong problem solving, planning, organising and decision making skills
· High personal INTEGRITY and trustworthiness and reliability
Attend on – going training and develop relevant knowledge and personal skills as provided by the company
Any other activity instructed to perform.
General Operations Responsab
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Experience level required
3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years
Bellvile, Cape Town, South Africa
Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords)
Blackheath Depot in Blackheath, Cape Town, South Africa
Context and environment