Under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the corporate accounting analyst has a responsibility for the following activities:
· Quarterly IFRS consolidated accounts / intercompany reconciliations:
· monitor the intercompany reconciliation process and co-ordinate the resolution of any intercompany differences with the relevant accounting teams (Geneva and other Group affiliates). Analyse the cause of disputed differences with relevant back-office, business and accounting teams across companies and set up action plans.
· assist as directed with the Group financial reporting process : submission via the Group consolidation software (CAP) of statement of income, balance sheets and any other financial appendices for Midstream affiliates
· assist with Group quarterly review by producing comprehensive quarter on quarter variance analysis notably on profit and loss and working capital
· IFRS application :
In conjunction with the Financial Accountant, assist the Senior Consolidation Accountant to :
- book accounting entries on a monthly basis to comply with new IFRS standards applicable, notably IFRS 16.
- ensure entries are properly recorded both in accounting system and Group system.
· Ad hoc : Assist when required on ad hoc tasks and management request related to Group reporting requirements
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
The global activities of the Gas & Power Branch of Total SA, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associated companies (“Total Gas & Power”, "Group" or "Total Group") include the marketing and trading of natural gas, liquefied natural gas ("LNG") and power, the trading of liquefied petroleum gas ("LPG"), natural gas transportation and storage, as well as LNG re-gasification and the production and sale of coal and petcoke.
Total Gas & Power’s trading teams are responsible for optimising the purchase/sales portfolios of gas, electricity, coal and LPG via transactions (arbitrage, balancing and hedging) in all recognised markets, in compliance with Group trading guidelines.
· Top degree in Accounting / Business Finance or part-qualified Accountant.
· Good knowledge of accounting principles and an appreciation or experience working with various accounting standards ( Swiss, UK, International)
· Advanced IT application and strong data management skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Sun). Good spreadsheet modelling and numeracy. Clear communication and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Position based in Geneva, Switzerland, fluent English and French (desirable).
General Finance Responsibility, Cost Control & Reporting, Accounting
Consolidation Accounting Analyst
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
Context and environment
Extremely dynamic and innovative international environment requiring reactive and flexible attitude, anticipation, ability to adapt to headquarters requests. Variety of interactions across the financial function.
The position requires to act independently and proactively in completing tasks, and to demonstrate an ability to work in a time pressured environment to achieve reporting deadlines. The job holder must be able to manage working relationships with peers within the Finance department, counterparts in other Group companies, and interact efficiently with managers during the planning and budgeting process. A basic understanding of the business, strong accounting skills as well as good communication capacities are required.