Description de l'offre
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Engineering Services offers high-technology engineering services in the fields of aerospace, energy and ground transportation. Building on 30 years' experience, the company relies on 3,000 engineers dotted across nine countries worldwide.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Mechanics
Mechanical Design Engineer - SolidWorks
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Number of hours per week
Capability to lead/support the production of design solutions related to an innovative propulsion product, including 3D CAD model assemblies and 2D drawings for the concept and detail design of mechanical systems.
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks
Experience of carrying out classification of requirements on drawings
Proven experience with ISO / British tolerance standard (BS8888) and complex chains of dimensions
- Ability to manage quality and performance of basic design calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings, and tolerance analysis to support detail designs.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with other projects / engineering disciplines such as stress, manufacturing, electrics, etc.
- Capability to manage and assimilate formal product requirements into mechanical design.
- Capability to produce clear and concise technical documentation including Design reports, Engineering Release Notes, Functional specifications, FMEA.
- Experience with producing and maintaining accurate Bill of Materials in line with latest CAD assemblies.
Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials (Metallic & Composites) and related thermal treatments, material protections and coatings.
- Must be capable of working in accordance with customer specific gateway reviews.
Desirable Technical skills:
- Aerospace experience
- Knowledge of propulsion systems will be an asset (turbo-machinery)
- Familiar with rapid prototype methods and applicable design approaches.
No significant travel
Candidate skills & requirements
Proven experience of using SolidWorks is essential with a minimum of 3 years experience in Mechanical Design
- Ability to undertake problem solving analysis & work proactively to propose technical solutions using ingenuity and creativity
- Strong sense of ownership
- Must demonstrate good time management with ability to prioritise and multitask on several work packages concurrently to tight timescales.
- Ability to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- Team spirit/ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
£33,000 - £38,000 per annum