P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Are you ready to lead communications for some of the most trusted consumer brands in the market? As a P&G Brand Communications Manager, you’ll develop & execute plans that build the business by effectively engaging key influencers. In this role, you’ll represent our brands to journalists, social media influencers, potential partners, and non-government organizations.
A career in P&G Communications will enable you to demonstrate and build your skills in communications strategy and planning, public relations, social advocacy, agency relationships, integrative thinking, scenario planning, and issues management.
We are specifically looking for someone to join our North America Home Care team. Together, our team works on communications programs for brands including Dawn, Cascade, Febreze, Swiffer, Mr. Clean and Microban 24.
In this role, you will:
· Develop and manage brand communication strategies and plans for brands across our category. This includes executing current programs while simultaneously developing longer-term plans for future brand objectives.
· Represent our brands to outside stakeholders, including journalists, social media influencers, industry professionals, retailer and consumer associations and non–government organizations.
· Act as part of a multi-functional business team, working closely with Brand Management, Consumer Market Knowledge, Sales, R&D and others to constantly explore new opportunities for business growth.
· Develop credentialing strategies for specific business challenges, obtaining input and securing third-party support for initiatives.
· Anticipate, create, and execute issues management plans for initiatives and ongoing business challenges.
· Build capability by bringing the outside-in, in terms of new communication approaches, trends, tools and measurement.
· Manage work and capabilities of communications agency.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Shows a strong track-record of developing influential communications campaigns that result in a sales lift or compel consumer to action
· Is passionate about leading complex and game-changing work
· Is willing to embrace new experiences and operate with a positive spirit
· Is a strong collaborator and able to navigate a highly dynamic and complex environment
· Has traditional media relations experience and the ability to effectively manage issues to prevent business disruption
· Has a strong knowledge of social media platforms and how to deliver and optimize content across owned, earned and paid models
· Develops innovative insights, ideas, and opportunities with excellent execution while operating with a sense of urgency
· Has proven ability to develop effective communications strategies and plans. Executing those plans with excellence and delivering strong results vs. goals
· Can effectively juggle immediate deadlines while also developing plans for future programs. Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage issues that can affect brand reputation
· 2-3+ years of communication experience in media relations and campaign strategy
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
· Superb written and verbal communication skills
· Full-time work experience using social media platforms and knowledge of how to deliver and optimize content across owned, earned and paid models
· Understands how to measure and improve PR effectiveness and efficiency
· Great understanding and experience with various social media channels and social media influencers
· Experience working with the news media, social influencers and brand ambassadors
· Experience working with or for a Communications agency
The Value of a P&G Career
· Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
· We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
· We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
· Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
· What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
MQualificlearly detailed in job description are assessed in the pre-screen questionnaire
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Communications Req No: COM00000426