P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
If data is in your blood, then we have the job to get your heart pumping! We have an opportunity for a Data, Analytics and Visualization Engineer located in Greensboro, NC at our Oral Care plant. In this role you would see the interaction in our enterprise and systems while understanding the role that data and intelligence play in dramatically improving the user cases for the subject matter systems. You would have an immediate impact on helping to accelerate our engineering processes, improve technical readiness of initiatives, and enhance product and service execution in our manufacturing sites and supply network.
This is a new role that is largely undefined, which is an exciting aspect as you will help us determine what work is the most essential. This requires a high level of leadership to be the right fit. This role is located at our Greensboro, NC manufacturing facility. As such, the person in this role will be required to work at the facility/plant during core business hours upon start date.
In this role you would use data mining, machine learning, and statistical techniques on large-scale Supply Chain and Manufacturing data to design, develop, and deploy models to solve real problems at a massive scale. Other day-to-day work includes:
· Drive end-to-end data and analytical solutions supporting the development, learning, and operational insights for our critical new engineering led initiatives in equipment, process, packaging, customization and supply chain.
· Work across important Data & Analytics Community of Excellence capability areas of: Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Wrangling, Edge Programming, SME Analyst/Business Intelligence, Visualization/Citizen Scientist Ux.
· Engage project teams to understand project needs/requirements and provide technical expertise with data and analytical tools.
· Collaborate with data leaders and multi-discipline teams to design, develop and ensure critical data systems infrastructures and integration offer critical data model availability and scalability.
· Ensure relevant data and analytics are available to meet initiatives and technical readiness needs by continuously addressing the data models, wrangling and cleansing data, and improving data solutions and platforms.
· Explore emerging capabilities and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning for flawless integration and application between data scientist, functional specialists and their key user cases.
· Strategic, systems problem solver who will automate existing manual decision support and data workflows to drive key innovation and business performance improvement.
· Apply and build mastery in our Product Supply Engineering innovation and delivery efforts, while demonstrating diverse data, analytics and visualization skills.
The Ideal Candidate Has
· Experience with data analytics insights and work processes for learning and decision support
· Strong leadership skills, business problem definition, and priority setting skills
· An aptitude for communicating insights and collaborating across teams/organizations
· A passion to learn/develop and bring in emerging trends/technology that drive further insight value
· Proven success of applied analytics through related full-time experience
· Experience with data management, ingesting new data, transforming/harmonizing data
· The mindset of an entrepreneurial thinker and is a self starter, displaying proactive thinking
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Applied Math, Statistics, Analytics, etc.)
· 2 years or more of full time work experience (internships alone do not qualify).
· Skills in data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, or similar).
· Skills in script program languages (SQL, Python/Scala, R, JAVA, or C+).
· Skills with data analytics and insight environments (Spark, Hive, SQL Server, etc).
· Live in Greensboro, NC or have the ability to relocate here.
· The ability to work in person at our plant/manufacturing facility immediately upon start date (after relocation and/or contingencies are completed).
· Experience working with a supply chain /logistics is a bonus.
· Experience at a plant or manufacturing experience.
· Machine Learning experience.
· Experience with GitHub.
The Value of a P&G Career
· Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
· We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
· We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
· Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
· What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
MQualificlearly detailed in job description are assessed in the pre-screen questionnaire