P&G Corporate Functions Analytical (CFA) is lookingfor a new team member with a chemistry background. We study materials used tocreate superior P&G products that delight our consumers. Our resultsassist the development of new products by learning about material interactionsthat impact product performance and visualizing performance attributes thatbring to life the product story for our research partners and ultimately ourconsumers.
Our team uses state-of-the-art instrumentation to solveimportant technical challenges daily!
We are looking for a new partner to help us tackle thesechallenges.
The successful applicant will learn to utilize apowerful suite of infrared and Raman spectroscopy tools to evaluateperformance-driving attributes of materials and products. Your data will beused, in partnership with other analytical chemists’ data, to problem-solve,model interactions, and support intellectual property and claims.
· The successful candidate will become a member of the CFA Vibrational Spectroscopy (VS) team, partnering with a Principle Scientist and two Senior Scientists who are all experts in infrared and Raman spectroscopy.
· The candidate will first learn to lead our laboratory operations, assuring readiness of instrumentation by handling maintenance, documentation, purchasing, and organization.
· The individual will need to quickly become proficient and continuously gain expertise in experimental design, use of VS instruments, sample handling, and data processing (training provided).
· After successfully engaging in training and expertise-building, our new team member will assume responsibility for collaborating with all our product business partners as the go-to VS resource for immediate trouble shooting, plant issue reconciliation, foreign particle identification, and the like. The VS team will be strongly engaged and supportive to provide additional technical expertise and coaching as needed to ensure success.
· BS / MS in Chemistry; minor or having interest in mathematics is a plus
· Lab-based research experience, including use of Analytical measurement instrumentation
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a lab setting
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Eager to learn and curious about technology
· Successfully demonstrated completion of short- and long-term projects; prioritization skills
· Experience with Office products – especially Word and Excel
Qualifications that can put you on top of the candidatelist:
· Some experience using vibrational spectroscopy instrumentation – infrared and/or Raman
· Experience in materials characterization
· Familiarity with P&G products
· Experience with MatLab
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Research & Development Req No: RND00004652