P&G is seeking to develop its capability to develop household cleaning formulae via microfluidics techniques. To this end, we are seeking to recruit a 12-month postdoctoral placement at Newcastle Innovation Centre, located just outside Newcastle upon Tyne. The post is available from 4 th January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is an opportunity to join a talented research group in a fast-moving area of research, and to use your talents to produce solutions that will benefit consumers across the world.
· In this laboratory-based role, the candidate will design, assemble and refine microfluidics apparatus that will probe (a) the phase behaviour of surfactant mixtures and (b) the preparation of encapsulated species in aqueous media, eg microcapsules, liposomes. The candidate will further characterise the species formed and investigate their stability / disruption mechanisms. You will become a fully integrated member of the team, providing leadership in your area of expertise, able to work with autonomy but forming an effective network with important partners within the company.
· At the same time, corporate and specific job trainings will be continually provided to help accelerate your development.
What we offer you:
· Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities to lead
· Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
· Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
· We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Good to Know
At Procter & Gamble #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company;
Our people are all unique: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Location of the role: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Additional info about P&G
“P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolios of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
Deadline for applications: Please apply by 12 th December 2020 providing a CV and cover letter
What are we looking for :
Minimum PhD qualification.
Must have experience in the following areas: Design, development and deployment of microfluidics systems, Synthesis and characterisation of encapsulated species in aqueous media
Experience in phase and colloid chemistry, experience in light scattering and x-ray scattering, experience in fluorescence spectroscopy