A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The role of the Finance Coordinator is to ensure that the Mars Chocolate & Food Brazil develops and delivers its Annual Operating Plan. This role provides decision support to the business team to achieve profitable growth by delivering relevant analysis of activities including cross branded, participating and recommending the best utilization of resources. This position is responsible for the development of growth strategies in line with financial expectations and will also focus on operational aspect of the business. This role will support the Strategic Planning and Analysis Manager which has both operational and strategic responsibilities and will work with Marketing on Sales growth and Marketing Annual Budget plans and the Supply Finance Team on delivering costs targets. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Marketing Annual Budget roll forward appropriately reflects all changes and that all budget requests have been reviewed and approved. In additional, this role will support the Sales and Operations Cycle with appropriate forecast by Brand and keep controls under SKU’s financial information.
• Support on the Development of Annual Operating Financial Plan and work with rest of Business Team in putting together specific projects that will drive financial improvement.
• Take an active role as a financial business leader within the team and support the overall objectives of the business.
• Analyze and communicate period and quarterly financial results to the business unit team to support and drive decision making
• Proactive identification and analysis of business issues and opportunities, including recommendations for future actions
• Provide in-depth financial analysis related to key strategic initiatives as well as tactical initiatives as determined by the external market.
• Analyze competitive landscape and develop relevant benchmarks, specifically as it relates to innovation.
• Work with Brand Teams to ensure effectiveness of Marketing Investments for the supported Brands.
• Evaluate and control Marketing Annual Budget spend and tradeoffs between different investment options.
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of period and quarterly business reviews
• Initiate, lead, and manage projects which will improve current business results and deliver against strategy
• Ensure Demand forecast and plan are appropriately aligned
• Determine the effectiveness of investment for new activities, advertising and consumer promotion spend, Capital projects, COGS and Margin.
• Communicate risk and opportunities of Brand financials and evaluate corrective actions. Recommend the best options and the financial impact to the P&L.
• Keep close track to the Sales & Operation Cycle
• Share best practices and relevant information with other Finance areas and Business Planning Teams in efforts to drive improved engagement.
• The role should spend time out in the market working with Sales and marketing to understand the competitive landscape, uncover opportunities for growth, and further understand the customers.
• Strong analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, obtain mutual agreement as to the resolution and implement change
• Strong management and interpersonal skills. Must be able to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business in order to achieve objectives.
• Must have a high degree of self-direction with the ability to constantly seek innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Must be proactive, high energy, detailed-oriented when appropriate, results-oriented, and willing to drive change.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Well-developed organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Brand Analysis, consumer product profitability experiences.
• Proven ability to translate financial data into information to drive sound business decisions, and deliver messages at the appropriate level for the audience
• Strong service mentality and willingness to perform associated responsibilities outside of the job description.
• Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
Business, Economics, Accounting and engineering degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Robust experience of business planning and/or financial
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Financial, Engineer, Outside Sales, Advertising, Finance, Engineering, Sales, Marketing