Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Ideal candidate profile
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Peachstate Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
· Optimize and maximize Guest and Associate experience.
· Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure quality.
· Manages and monitors the collection of in-house guest balances and all other receivables and the issuance of credits and refunds to guests.
· Effectively hire, retain, manage and motivate associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest and associate satisfaction.
· Champion of the hotels internal and external communications and record keeping.
· Adhere to PeachState Hospitality values and mission statement.
· Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools, and prepare and manage the annual budget.
· Ensure that all associates have the full understanding of the brand revenue and PeachState revenue management program.
Effectively manage and control all operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies etc., enforce PSHs procurement guidelines, and seek and implement cost saving strategies.
Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds PSH and Brand standards for guest satisfaction.
Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and adhere to PSHs training guidelines and policies.
Training & Standards:
· Complete and maintain in a timely fashion all PSH and brand standard training requirements.
· Support and continuously motivate effective and timely training of all associates.
Sales & Marketing:
Provide leadership support and direction to the sales team, take an active role in the preparation and implementation of the hotels annual Marketing plan, make sales calls to Key accounts, and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
Safety & Security:
Ensure a safe and secure environment for associates, guests and visitors and implement safety rules and drills.
Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government and other community and civic organizations.
Leading: Motivate, coach and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to PSHs Standard Operating Procedures.
· Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to Vice President of Operations or immediate Supervisor.
· Develop and implement the approved business plan to attain and exceed the financial goals.
· Maintain a high personal visibility throughout the property.
· Gain and maintain excellent knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
· Handle any emergencies at the hotel.
· Coordinate internal training and development programs.
· Fully utilize and adhere to PeachStates guest comment program.
· Fully utilize and adhere to Brands guest satisfaction and response protocols and programs.
· Ensure hotels preventative maintenance and energy programs are in use.
· Maintain an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
· Analyze P&Ls and present to other PeachState GMs in an open forum.
· Protect the company's assets by properly administering company policies and procedures for handling cash, credit card and all other financial transactions.
· Actively manage the financial statement and review and critique performance in a timely fashion. Teach the process to all members of the management team
· Assess and/or ensure regular and timely assessment and performance reviews of all hotel associates and the processing of all personnel records. Ensure all associate evaluations are conducted in a timely manner, appropriately reviewed with the associates and forwarded to corporate for recommended actions.
· Closely monitor sales solicitation activities.
· Enforce all existing and new policies and procedures.
· Complete and post bi-weekly schedules for all departmental managers and MOD duties.
College or higher-level education desired
Experience requirement as follows:
1. No college or higher education: 5 years Hotel operations experience with a minimum of 3 years at management level.
2. With college or higher education: 3 years Hotel operations experience with a minimum of 2 years at management level.
3. With Hospitality college degree or diploma: 2 years Hotel
operations experience with a minimum of 2 years at management level.
· Must be a strong leader, self-motivator, team builder and willing to work 50+ hours per week (minimum 5 days per week); weekends and Holidays as required.
· Must be accessible to the hotel staff after regular business hours and weekends as needed.
· Strong verbal and communication skills
· Must sign non-compete and confidentiality agreement
· Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability
This company is an equal opportunity employer.