Apprenticeship 2019 - KPMG360
Job Function: KPMG360
Intake Year: 2019
Our people are at the heart of our continued success. Being part of KPMG is being part of a community of talented and innovative people, working together to have a positive, lasting impact on clients. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. Whoever you are, there is a place for you here.
About the programme
At KPMG you'll join a talented team of inspiring colleagues who bring new ideas and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. Right from the start, you’ll experience working with a variety of interesting projects and client organisations, whilst receiving the support you need to thrive. Our KPMG360° Apprenticeship programmes offer a practical way to build an exciting career, earn a salary, gain valuable work experience and be supported to achieve a professional qualification – providing the opportunity to not only build skills and confidence, but an exceptional future too.
The Programme is ideal if you’re not quite sure which area is right for you and gives you the opportunity to rotate around different business areas, offering you a broad insight into the firm before you choose to specialise. There'll be lots of opportunities to learn, meet new people and develop, with the chance to gain
Professional Qualifications , following the study pathway that’s right for you and your career ambitions. The programme will last three or six years depending on the career path you decide to take.
Responsibilities and tasks
You’ll gain an overview of the huge variety of projects we undertake at KPMG. As you complete placements across Audit, Tax, Pensions and Legal Consulting, and Deal Advisory, there’ll be no such thing as a typical day, but each will include:
- Becoming an integral part of the team, developing relationships internally and with key members of our client teams.
- Developing commercial awareness, communication, team-work, and technical skills as you undertake structured placements across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Deal Advisory.
- Getting involved in a wide range of projects, embracing new ideas and approaches, and seeking out new responsibilities.
- Gaining an understanding of KPMG’s values and demonstrating behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members.
- You will take on tasks that directly add value to our clients and our business. The specific work you do will vary from placement to placement, but could include:
- Working as part of an audit team and completing tasks such as controls testing, bank reconciliations and checking the accuracy of financial statements. Working with our tax, pensions and legal teams and completing tasks such as liaising with HMRC, drafting correspondence to clients and completing tax returns.
- Providing valuable support to client facing teams in advisory helping clients to enhance their business performance – projects are varied and could include anything from supporting clients to manage risk to helping to develop their people strategy.
- Research tasks and contributing to business development activity.
- General support to project teams, including taking minutes at meetings, preparing engagement letters and billing.
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us the confidence that you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Further information on these behaviours can be found at: https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/our-behavioural-capabilities
Training, support and development towards
- Foundation Level (Year One): Once you join the programme you will normally complete two placements in different business areas. The exact rotations vary between offices, determined by the availability of roles within each region. You’ll also complete the AAT Level Three Qualification.
-Technician Level (Years 2 and 3): Completion of the AAT Level four combined with longer placements will deepen your industry and technical knowledge.
-Professional Level (Years 4, 5 and 6): You will decide whether to specialise in Audit, Tax, Consulting or Deal Advisory and your learning pathway will reflect this decision. Where relevant, you will study towards further
Professional Qualifications (qualifications could include ACA, CTA, CIMA).
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academic results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, including how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
GCSE and A level Entry Requirements
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or 4 - 9 including Maths and English Language
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent qualifications*)
* Or international equivalent
Scottish Entry Requirements
- A minimum of five National 5 qualifications at grades 1-3 which must include Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Equivalent of 104 new UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher level (e.g. BBBB)
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades (or equivalent) and do not accept General Studies.
Your KPMG Experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, the chance to work with a wide range of clients or volunteering opportunities - you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re proud of our culture – it’s one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We also have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best – that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. They’re our way of recognising and rewarding our colleagues for giving their best at work. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From preferential banking to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers’ Forum on Disability we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG’s commitment to diversity:
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMGhere .
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy