Kiteka is on a mission to enable the world’s poorest young women to fight gender inequality and poverty with technology. We do this through smartphone technology, digital training and online working that creates long-term, sustainable change for disadvantaged young women in Uganda. Kiteka women form a network of peers who mentor one another and encourage each other on their digital learning and working journey.
We are recruiting for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our team as a Business Development and Fundraising Intern. The role involves supporting the Programme Manager on the marketing and growth strategy.
● Market, partnership and sponsor research, co-ordinating calls and meetings, follow-up and CRM updates
● Assist in developing and updating all marketing materials
● Working on and assisting with crowdfunding campaign on Global Giving from August to end of September
● General assistance and organisational support to CEO and programme manager
● Passionate about human rights
● Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
● Self-motivated and proactive approach
● Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
● Digitally savvy and confident on social media
● Capable to work effectively in a team and independently when required
The part-time internship will last for 3-6 months depending on candidate availability and other work/academic commitments.
The location of the internship will be a mixture of remote working and co-working space in central London.
This is a voluntary internship with basic expenses covered.
Please send your CV and a short paragraph stating why you would be ideal for this role.