Demand & Supply Planner (D&SP) responsibilities include demand management, inventory planning and orders definition for specific departments.
D&SP is responsible to analyse demand changes in the business to ensure high accuracy of forecast and to ensure accuracy in inventory level, particularly from the point of view of long/medium term.
· Design and generate monthly statistical forecasting models.
· Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensure that processes and methods followed are based on the best practice (continuous improvement of forecasting techniques, methods and approaches).
· Measure the forecast accuracy.
· Control of the weeks of supply in order to guarantee the right level of worldwide inventory, avoiding lost sales or over stock situations.
· Assemble and analyse all data pertinent to create sales forecast according to different layers of analysis: historical sales, market trends, seasonality, advertisements and assortment variation for each Channel.
· Lead monthly meetings with Retail & Product Departments to review sales and inventory trend
· Plan activities for new product introduction and phase out.
· Define monthly requirement for Production plant.
· Prepare reports and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to the management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
· Constant interaction with Sales and Product Departments and assessment of demand requirements to reflect changes in item forecast level (particularly for top seller).
· Bachelor’s degree in statistic, mathematics, engineer, economics, fashion management or related fields
· 3 years of experience in similar roles, supply chain, forecasting and demand planning
· Fluent English communication skills
· Proficiency in Excel and Access
· Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing, operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
· Good communication and team building skills
· Detail oriented, extreme accuracy and strong analytical abilities
· Proactive attitude
· Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics
· Ability to lead cross-functionally
· Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
Gucci Logistica S.p.A.