Job Title: Head of Operations
Offices located in Tema, Takoradi and Kumasi. Possibility to live in Accra.
JLB Expertises is an independent company, established in several African, Asian and European countries. Our main areas of expertise are agricultural and food products imported into and exported from West Africa.
We are specialized in four different fields:
Damage survey on breakbulk and bulk
Risk prevention consultancy for port operations
Quality control of soft commodities
Warehouse inspection and stock controls
For more than 20 years, we have extensive experience in Africa. We are located in more than 20 different ports in Africa and mainly in West Africa.
Our values are competence, experience, integrity and independence.
JLB Expertises Arica in Ghana has about 150 employees spread in 3 offices: Tema, Takoradi and Kumasi. We are the leader in our field of expertise in terms of agricultural and food products. Our name is well known and recognized within the brokers and insurance market.
Under the supervision of the Head Office in Marseille, we are looking for a Head of operations in charge of:
- Define operational strategies for the branch at Short, Medium and Long term
- Enforce those strategies in collaboration with the local Operations Manager
- Direct all operational aspects including Operations, Human resources, Business Development, Quality Control & Marketing
- Ensure the company’s image/reputation is respected
- Head of an operational team including a Local Operations Manager
- Endorsing company standards on the field – Quality control for soft commodities (cocoa, rice, sugar)
- Prepare and implement operational procedures
- Organize meetings with all necessary parties
- Checking attendance & work performance on the field
- Ensure the operations back office to the head quarter in Marseille
- Issue regular activity statements and prepare activity presentations to the board
Equipment & Maintenance
- Follow up the tools/equipment Attendance/Management
- Ensure that tools / equipment are working well and kept clean
- Ensure that tools are used properly by its operators on the field & report any malfunctions to the Operations Manager
- If necessary, supervise the repairs
Business Development Manager
- Customer relations & Developing new markets
- Assessment of damaged commodity
- Commodity transport Prevention
- Conducting tests on new products
- Preferably an Agricultural engineer – A second Degree in Business School appreciated
- Fluent in English and French
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Pack (Word, Excel, Power point & Access), Outlook, Skype, What apps,
- Independent, Hard worker, Management & feedback skills, willing to take responsibilities and necessary actions, Initiative spirit, punctual.
- Very strong adaptability and natural leadership skills
- Methodical and rigorous with a high analytic spirit
- Ready to work long hours & in a challenging environment
- Ready to work outside at Harbors/Warehouses. There are challenging environments with dust, hit, odors, trucks, forklifts & heavy loads moved.
Period: 1 year (Renewable 1 year)
- Level of experience: 2 to 5 years
- Specialization: Agronomy – Agriculture, International Business
- Language: English and French
- Education: Master or equivalent (Bac +5 or more)
- Education Sector: Business School, Agricultural School, Food industry School