As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM , fifth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As the Steward , you will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing plateware, silverware, glassware, pots & pans, utensils and equipment, and work area in a timely manner.
· Set up work station as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scrape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
· Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned. Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly.
· Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
· Empty and clean trash cans when they become full; transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites; adhere to recycling regulations.
· Set up and monitor the pot sink according to procedures.
· Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill.
· Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance.
May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds
· Standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
· Handling, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communicating with other people, following instructions.
· Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machine labels or operating instructions.
· Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemical solutions.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled