As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to join InterContinental Dubai Marina as Mixologist in one our outlet Marina Social by Michelin Star Chef Jason Atherton.
InterContinental Dubai Marina is a Five Star luxury hotel in the heart of Dubai Marina with 328 rooms and residence suites, flexible event space and restaurants & bars. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five star presence.
Your day to day
Brought to you by acclaimed Michelin-starred British chef Jason Atherton, Marina Social is your social space with an open kitchen view. Experience creativity and comfort within a relaxed, social atmosphere against the backdrop of the stunning panoramic views of the waterfront, overlooking the buzzing Dubai Marina. Enjoy conversations at the bar, Social Room as it serves and creates bespoke and sharing cocktails and punches, as well as an extensive collection of whiskeys.
The key deliverables of this role:
· Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and Head bartender you will provide friendly and courteous service
· Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for the guests according to the beverage standards and procedures.
· Up-selling of beverages to maximize the business.
· Maintain a complete knowledge of cocktails, beverages and wines to advise the guests and colleagues when necessary.
· Maintain the inventory stock in a timely manner.
· Taking the orders and serving them accordingly, resetting tables, performing side work as required and cashiering function in the absence of the Head Bartender.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
· At least 1 years of experience as a Bartender/Mixologist.
· You must be able to communicate effectively in English, additional languages are desirable.
· You will also be a team player with effective analytical skills.
· Good interpersonal and customer service ability.
· Certifications in Wine and Spirits will be an added advantage.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits and the chance to work with a fantastic team of people.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.