Inspired by Sir Winston Churchill and his wife Clementine, The Churchill Bar & Terrace offers award-winning cocktails and delicious dining in a glamorous setting tucked away behind Oxford Street.
This stylish cocktail bar, located in Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, offers craft cocktails, many made with our very own Churchill Craft Gin, homemade tonics, premium spirits, fine wines and of course all the classics. Inside you'll find a luxe décor, bookshelves curated by Daunt Books and original photographs and love letters adorning the walls, alongside the famous Jock, Rufus, and Pig!
Outside, guests can dine alfresco amid a life-size bronze of a young Churchill as they snuggle up on the heated terrace. The Terrace Theme changes twice a year inspired by the travels of Sir Winston Churchill and his wife Clementine. Guests can also purchase a selection of cigars, supplied by the UK's leading Cuban cigar importer Hunters & Frankau.
Being part of Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 679 hotels in over 54 different countries, also recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company !
About the job
As Host/Hostess joining the Churchill Bar you will be supporting the dynamic and talented team in order to provide an outstanding experience for our guests and to achieve the best. Some of the key tasks include but are not limited to:
· To greet guests with a warm friendly manner as they approach Churchill Bar & Terrace.
· To seat guests according to specific requests and seating floor plan.
· To continually rotating the bar to take an inventory of open tables.
· To maintain a clean and well organized work area.
· To reply to all emails in a timely manner, never more than 24h.
· To be fully conversant with Churchill Bar & Terrace menus.
· To be fully aware of Food and Beverage outlets within the hotel.
· To be fully aware of The Churchill Bar & Terrace LQA standards and to maintain them at all times.
· To promote a helpful and professional image to guests and colleagues, and give full co-operation to either client or colleague requiring assistance, with a prompt and helpful attitude.
· Whenever possible, to anticipate guests needs to enhance quality service and to heighten client satisfaction and to train others to deliver the same.
· To follow completely the Churchill Bar & Terrace door policy.
With your passion and strong people skills, you are always striving to deliver a great service for guests. Previous experience working in the same or similar role in a five star hotel environment is desired.
If you are a charismatic and motivated Host/Hostess who would like to work alongside our unique and exceptional Churchill Bar team, we would like to meet you.
What is in it for you?
Continuous learning and development is paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room.
· 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Discounts of up to 50% in our Hyatt UK restaurants & bars
· Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
· Complimentary meals on duty
· Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
· Cycle 2 work scheme
· Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations
· Workplace pension scheme
· Annual season ticket loan
· Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in various forms complimentary such as gift cards
Are you ready for a dynamic environment where you can truly shine?
This role is subject to employer right to work checks.