Colleague Restaurant Assistant
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Our newest property in the UK is due to open summer 2019 as a 152-room luxury lifestyle hotel. We are an international 5* hotel, ideally located just a few steps from St James's, Covent Garden and right next to Trafalgar Square.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best'. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
As Colleague Restaurant Assistant joining the team, you will be accountable for ensuring that the Colleague Restaurant runs in a smoothly manner. Providing and preparing a consistent, high quality cold section menu ensuring that colleagues can eat in a clean and relaxing environment. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
· attend to the day to day functioning of the Employee Restaurant
· act in a timely and decisive manner to ensure cold and hot section, cutlery, sauces and, glasses, chinaware and porcelain are always replenished
· ensure that the Colleague Restaurant is kept clean and organized at all times
· follow standard recipes and minimise waste to help ensure that the food cost is in line with budget
Ideal candidate profile
You have already gained first work experience in the same or similar role, preferably within a kitchen environment. You are passionate about food and creating experiences for colleagues.
You will have basic cooking skills and will be able to action tasks assigned by the Chef de Partie.
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
· 12 complimentary nights world wide
· Individual personal career development opportunities
· Monetary Reward for recommending a friend
· Interest free season ticket loan
· Tax-free Cycle to work scheme
· Tuition Aid, to name but a few
Please make sure you have the right to work in the UK.