What makes us special:
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Our newest property in the UK is due to open soon, as a 152-room luxury lifestyle hotel, right next to Trafalgar Square.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best'. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About The Yard Restaurant:
Offering a unique Food and Beverage experience for our guests, thanks to Robin Gill 's expertise, The Yard is the unique flagship restaurant of the hotel operated by Robin Gill and team. This restaurant will focus on the best of what the British seasons has to offer. Engaging the consumer from the very start to produce memorable experiences through sincere, authentic service and extraordinary food and drink. We ensure produce is always of the highest quality, this restaurant throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner will showcase Britain's varied landscape at its best. Everything is made in-house wherever possible: from charcuterie and bread to jams, juices, ferments & pickles.
Ideal candidate profile
About the role:
As an Assistant Sommelier, you will be advising guests on wines based on their personal taste and food choice. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
You will be responsible for delivering engaging but efficient service
· You will build up a rapport with guests to further understand their likes and dislikes
· It will be your responsibility to deliver all wine in the correct manner and in the appropriate glassware
· The acceptance and cross checking of wine deliveries and maintenance of the wine cellar
· You are responsible for your appearance and always appearing well presented
· You should be able to monitor and mind wastage, always being aware of overhead costs
· You must be enthusiastic, passionate and charismatic
· You must have a good knowledge of wine and other beverages as well as experience working within a wine environment
· You are required to aid in the menu collation and understand all wines on offer, especially why those choices have been made
· You must understand the basic steps of service and wine delivery
· You need to be able to communicate with guests in a way that builds up sincere relationships
· We expect you to be able to assess the needs of the customer and match that in a way that will demonstrate optimal buying experience and satisfaction for the customer while also increasing revenue
· You must be attentive to all situations on the floor as you will be engaging as part of the overall team
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
· 12 complimentary nights world wide
· Individual personal career development opportunities
· Monetary Reward for recommending a friend
· Interest free season ticket loan
· Tax-free Cycle to work scheme
· Tuition Aid, to name but a few
Please make sure you have the right to work in the UK.