The Customer Advocate will have responsibility for their own case management, collation of complex file information and undertaking processing of daily work, lots of autonomy and being able to make own decisions, clear career development opportunities and lots of networking opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensuring own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
· Supporting achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
· Contributing to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
· Suggesting ideas and contributing to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
· Adhering to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
· Continuously monitoring and gathering information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business.
· Appling policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
· Taking personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. customer service
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. case management is desirable but not essential
· Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. banking, customer service, paralegal, legal is desirable but not essential
· Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. previous experience in an investigative role, making own decisions, processing cases is desirable but not essential
· Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
· A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
· Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
· A track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders'' needs
· Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
· Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
· Business knowledge and understanding of customer needs to successfully manage and grow customer relationships
The base location for this role is Edinburgh
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.