Description de l'offre
The role of the GCB6 Credit Risk Analyst is based within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Retail Credit Risk.
The role of the Credit Risk Analyst is to drive improvements in the performance of the UK unsecured portfolios (credit cards, loans, and overdrafts) and manage credit risk. This will be achieved through analysing, and interpreting data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. You will be expected to work to a plan and results must be provided in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to clearly communicate progress and issues to stakeholders, and to formulate conclusions / communicate the impacts of your work.
The jobholder is expected to work independently managing multiple stakeholders across the organization, business areas such as Customer Value Management, Finance and Regional Risk Analytics.
An element of the work involves supporting projects either driven from within Credit or from our external partners ensuring the projects have considered Credit implications and deliver an outcome with sustainable and appropriate level of returns.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle
· Provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
· Work on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance
· Provide support to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies
· Control, review, monitor and manage aspects of Credit risk
· Ensure that the losses experienced by the portfolios are controlled and predictable in line with business expectations.
· Ensure that the portfolio strategies and processes are compliant with the appropriate regulations and regulator guidance.
· Support the delivery and implementation of RBWM initiatives by providing input on both the Credit requirements and the impacts of proposed changes. Projects will mostly focus on credit risk but, may, from time to time extend to other areas of risk within RBWM.
· Continually consider the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA's) principle of ‘Treating Customers Fairly' (TCF).
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with UK business teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally within a numerical / science subject)
· Previous experience in applying mathematical/statistical techniques to data would be advantageous
· Experience of using relevant software packages is desirable but not essential, i.e. SAS / SQL / Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of the Financial Services industry is desirable
· Past working experience in risk or analytics is desirable
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
· A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
· Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
· Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
· Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
· Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
The base location of this role is flexible and can be either Birmingham, Leeds or Sheffield.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.