Role Title: Compliance Data Quality Officer
Business: Risk Management
New or Existing Role? Existing
· The role holder will support the RBWM Regulatory Lead within Data & Analytics to drive adherence to the Global Data Management Policies across RBWM. The role will include supporting the effective management of RBWM data and ensuring it is governed efficiently in line with the policies set by the RBWM Chief Data Officer. This includes applying Regulatory and Compliance standards to data, adoption of the accountability model, and ensuring that data quality is measured, reported and issues remediated in line with RBWM and Group mandated policies.
Impact on Business
· To govern and implement data policy requirements, review and map data content across sites and provide progress reports on data related projects within RBWM.
· Ensure adherence with data privacy policies, procedures and their controls
· Support the relevant HSBC Group Data Protection Authorities and to data subjects when exercising their individual data rights
· Support RBWM’s integration into HSBC Business Information Model and drive delivery of business artefacts to support this
· Support the implementation of CDO mandated policies and programmes across RBWM, troubleshooting any issues that may arise
· Understand and document data use; data fields and formats from master sources and how this can impact future RBWM strategies
· Working closely with Group Business Regulatory and Compliance group to help shape up strategies and potential data collection points
· Being a key part of data automation and the setup of Critical Data Entities (CDE) in line with the existing structures and governance models.
· Act as a technical contact for Group data related tasks; support queries on CDE requirements, leading solution based discussions to mitigate risks and resolve issues
· Working with existing leadership both within Data & Analytics, engaging with key stakeholders, to support strategic data projects.
· Provide SME expertise and support for the localisation of Global policies and work with the local Data & Analytics SMEs to ensure policies are adopted and deployed locally.
· Drive consistency, control and best practice across all markets within Data & Analytics
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with RBWM stakeholders located globally to design data governance and compliance strategies for functional areas and ensure data is used and governed correctly within RBWM
· Ensure that HSBC Group Data Policy is adopted by RBWM
· Monitor compliance with data protection laws and Group policies and provide remediation support
· Provide leadership on data definition work to aid Data Owners and Data Stewards agree the best definitions for our data sets
· Work with Data Stewards to support their work on Data Quality
· Support the creation of business conceptual and entity data models to improve understanding of our data and prepare IT development teams and Data Analytics teams for development activity
· Work with RBWM Data change delivery programmes to troubleshoot and ensure alignment with RBWM Data Strategy
Customers / Stakeholders
· Provide updates on progress and ensure appropriate management of the rollout to ensure core deliverables and progress on data projects are communicated to the business.
· Build strong relationships with, and influence, stakeholders within Data & Analytics and the wider CDO community.
· Working collaboratively with RBWM busness, HOST and CDO stakeholders to drive common solutions for the bank.
Leadership & Teamwork
· The role holder will work closely with colleagues in the Group Business Data Architects and Data Management Office and HOST
· Role holder will need to be able to work effectively across global boundaries.
· The role holder will also be expected to achieve results without having necessarily the authority to approve use of resources, through influence and persuasion.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Ability to plan and lead data oriented change
· Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Good influencing skills and interpersonal skills
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
· The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
· Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
· The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
· The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
· Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
· Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
· The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
· The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
· The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.