The Collections function oversee the successful implementation of all strategic initiatives within Collections for that region/function in order to undertake the collection of arrears across a variety of financial products, in line with the credit loss plan and the target customer experience. The job will involve all or some of the following tasks:
· Support, determine or initiate appropriate actions to ensure the efficient and effective progression of a specific Collections process flow or multiple Collections process flows in order to deliver a professional service to our customers.
· Ensure the integrity of the process flow(s) across assigned function(s), whilst optimising the designed output in order to contribute to help our customers resolve their delinquency problems, and by doing so, creates a favourable opinion of our organization and an increased willingness to repay their commitments.
· Adhere to all regulatory requirements and Collections Operations policies and procedures.
HSBC relies on its Collections teams to work closely with customers who are experiencing financial difficulty in order to deliver positive, appropriate and sustainable outcomes.
Collections endeavour to deliver a high value, professional and quality service to our customers. By putting our customers at the heart of everything we do we manage the value of contact by crafting solutions that best meets the needs of our customers and the bank through the development of strong call behaviours in the Collections teams.
Positive and professional experiences engender customer loyalty. Customer loyalty drives long-term profitable growth. Delivering positive and professional outcomes for our customers and helping them to regain financial stability are fundamental to building a sustainable business.
A Collections advisors needs to be professional, knowledgeable and able to adapt to meet the specific needs of each individual customer:
A Collections advisor is expected to positively cooperate toward total team goals, willingly share knowledge and information with others and participate in open communication.
A Collections advisor is to support a positive workplace environment by encouraging cooperation, teamwork and identification with the organisational unit by participating in team meetings and through the timely implementation of feedback and training received.
Collections advisors are expected to be dependable, goal orientated, motivated team members who takes personal ownership for the continuous improvement of their skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Connecting in a manner that promotes customer belief that HSBC can help them during a period of financial difficulty.
· Providing our customers the confidence that HSBC understands their specific situation and concerns.
· Delivering the best solution(s) options to meet their needs.
· Thereby delivering an appropriate customer experience, delivering the best result based on individual circumstances for our customers and the bank.
· Meeting the agreed-upon Operational standards for quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
· Adhering to all regulatory requirements and Collections Operations policies and procedures.
· Escalating/reporting issues, suspicious activity or lapses of controls observed.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
· Previous experience of delivering an excellent customer service.
· An open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation.
· Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance.
· Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience.
· Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently.
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
· Excellent communication skills – both conversational and written.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Ability to organize work independently and as part of a team.
· Positive attitude – demonstrating teamwork and cooperation towards the achievement of operational goals.
· Understand the Collections process and have a strong working knowledge of Collections Operations policies and procedures.
· Deal with an array of complex delinquency situations, employing effective skills and knowledge when applying resolution tools that best meet customer needs and bank objectives.
· Empathetic approach with the ability to build rapport and engender trust.
· Committed and enthusiastic attitude to an ever changing environment and continuous personal improvement.
The base location of this role will be Camden House Birmingham.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.