The role of the Collections Advisor - Back Office is to lead and direct the performance of all Collections activities across a defined region, function or capability.
The Collections function oversee the successful implementation of all strategic initiatives within Collections for that region/function in order to undertake the collection of arrears across a variety of financial products, in line with the credit loss plan and the target customer experience. The job will involve all or some of the following tasks:
· Support, determine or initiate appropriate actions to ensure the efficient and effective progression of a specific Collections process flow or multiple Collections process flows in order to deliver a professional service to our customers.
· Ensure the integrity of the process flow(s) across assigned function(s), whilst optimising the designed output in order to contribute to help our customers resolve their delinquency problems, and by doing so, creates a favourable opinion of our organization and an increased willingness to repay their commitments.
· Adhere to all regulatory requirements and Collections Operations policies and procedures.
HSBC relies on its Collections teams to work closely with customers who are experiencing financial difficulty in order to deliver positive, appropriate and sustainable outcomes.
Collections endeavour to deliver a high value, professional and quality service to our customers. By putting our customers at the heart of everything we do we manage the value of contact by crafting solutions that best meets the needs of our customers and the bank through the development of strong call behaviours in the Collections teams.
Positive and professional experiences engender customer loyalty. Customer loyalty drives long-term profitable growth. Delivering positive and professional outcomes for our customers and helping them to regain financial stability are fundamental to building a sustainable business.
A Collections advisors needs to be professional, knowledgeable and able to adapt to meet the specific needs of each individual customer:
A Collections advisor is expected to positively cooperate toward total team goals, willingly share knowledge and information with others and participate in open communication.
A Collections advisor is to support a positive workplace environment by encouraging cooperation, teamwork and identification with the organisational unit by participating in team meetings and through the timely implementation of feedback and training received.
Collections advisors are expected to be dependable, goal orientated, motivated team members who takes personal ownership for the continuous improvement of their skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Connecting in a manner that promotes customer belief that HSBC can help them during a period of financial difficulty.
· Providing our customers the confidence that HSBC understands their specific situation and concerns.
· Delivering the best solution(s) options to meet their needs.
· Thereby delivering an appropriate customer experience, delivering the best result based on individual circumstances for our customers and the bank.
· Meeting the agreed-upon Operational standards for quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
· Adhering to all regulatory requirements and Collections Operations policies and procedures.
· Escalating/reporting issues, suspicious activity or lapses of controls observed.