Description de l'offre
Role Title: Collateral Analyst
New or Existing Role: New
· This role sits in the Collateral Management team within the Derivatives Middle office function of HSBC Securities Services. The Collateral Management team is responsible for the credit risk mitigation of traded derivatives through the collateralisation of OTC/Repo products by performing full third-party collateral management activities on behalf of our institutional client base. Specifically, the employee will be expected to
· Manage client/counterparty set up in line with the ISDA/CSA & monitor data feeds.
· Calculate daily exposures & agree on accurate collateral requirements with counterparties.
· Disputes management.
· Excellent communication skills required for substantial client interaction and to work with internal and external stakeholders to close out any client/counterparty queries.
· Follow up on collateral fails/non-receipts, provide daily reporting and meet KPIs in line with our service level agreement.
Impact on Business
Regulatory / Risk & Compliance
· Ensure that current procedures and checklists meet the requirements of Audit, FIM, external regulators and Operations Risk and Control.
· Ensure daily complex exception reporting is completed within guidelines with any errors promptly rectified to maintain data integrity standards.
· Continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
· Liaison with IT department, raising system enhancements and conducting UAT testing where applicable.
· Where possible look to automate or improve internal processes and seamlessly integrate client change requests in to the BAU.
· Accountable for own day-to-day performance and meeting tight intra-day deadlines. Expected to make decisions, resolve queries & escalate where necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
· Inbox management, take ownership of tasks/issues and ensure these are all followed through to completion. Avoid errors and where required perform root-cause analysis to avoid reoccurrence.
· In the absence of your direct report, be available as first level of escalation and support for queries from internal departments and external contacts as required.
Client / Customer Service
· Provide expert advice, guidance, query handling to meet client needs and expectations
· Maintain good working relationship with clients, Prime / Clearing brokers and market counterparties.
Reporting and Management Information
· Ensure prompt resolution of all reconciliation items, providing clear, concise & relevant documentation to support outstanding items.
· Ensure timely & accurate processing of daily margin calls whilst simultaneously carrying out disputes management and client reporting in line with the agreed SLA deadlines.
· Be relied upon to be able to confidently perform the checker role for other team members and guide/help where necessary.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Collateral Management knowledge/experience is desirable but not necessary.
· Good understanding of OTC Derivatives products and Regulations affecting the market.
· Strong client service attitude and communication skills for internal / external relations.
· Solution oriented approach with proven ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-task and handle ambiguity.
· Quick learner with excellent attention to detail & Strong analytical skills.
· University Degree is preferred & CISI/IMC qualifications are desirable.
· Advanced Excel skills an advantage.
· Work ethic is key as market volatility can sometimes mean unpredictable working hours. (Team player)
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.