Cloud Security Engineer – SecDevOps, Cybersecurity
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Cybersecurity team at HSBC are engaged to transform the way information security is accomplished at the bank and we are set to enable the business to do more, as securely as we want, or need to be. In short, in line with the Bank's strategy, we are to be Simpler, Better, Faster and of course – More Secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Cloud Security Engineer – SecDevOps.
You will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity Technology team who are responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls across the estate leveraging the firm's assets, network and data to identify threats. This role will partner heavily with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) and support the end-to-end secure deployment of security technologies across the firm as well as leading and attracting talent to build a world class team.
In this role, you will:
Provide security expertise and perform high-level technical reviews of applications and use cases that are moving to one of the Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
Solution and build Cloud Native Detective and Responsive controls in AWS, Azure and/or GCP that enforce the security baseline at scale, and when necessary integrate with open source and vendor tools.
Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for security misconfigurations of AWS, Azure or GCP.
Collaboratively work with vendors, client staff and contractors to implement and integrate vendor-provided Cloud Security solutions.
Develop API integrations and recommend configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of cloud security tools.
Perform high-level technical assessments of existing cloud security architectures, processes, projects and vendors; evaluate new and existing cloud security solutions in support of deployments to one of the Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
Supports compliance initiatives (contractual, regulatory, and internal) by creating and delivering appropriate data-driven dashboards, reports, and other supporting artifacts.
Work with cloud operations team to develop cloud monitoring use cases, design and develop scripts needed for troubleshooting and resolution of security or compliance issues.
· Maintain knowledge of the latest cloud security threats.
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Experience in a relevant technology field, such as software engineering, with current experience being in a technical security role.
· Experience designing, developing, administering, and/or maintaining the security of cloud environments such as AWS, MS Azure or GCP, with a clear passion for cloud security and cloud technologies.
· Extensive knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
· Experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation, such as: Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins.
· Experience in version control systems such as: Git, GitLab, etc.
· Knowledge of data security requirements in the cloud aligned with FISMA, CJIS, PCI, HIPAA, NIST, FedRAMP, GDPR or other rigorous security compliance standards.
· Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix.
· Familiarity with security issues associated with containers, distributed systems, and large-scale web applications.
· Extensive knowledge of several key security practices in access control, application security, network security, security architecture, and security strategy.
The base location for this role is Park Street, London.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.