Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Representing the largest global Islamic financial services team of any international bank, HSBC Amanah provides a full suite of innovative Islamic products and services to retail and corporate customers around the world. Complementing HSBC's comprehensive range of global banking and financing solutions, HSBC Amanah leverages the Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to best serve the growing demand for this viable alternative to conventional financing in Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our HSBC Amanah team in the role of Assistant Manager Shariah , working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Reporting directly to the Head of Shariah, the job holder mainly responsible for supporting the Head of Shariah on selected Shariah matters related to the Bank locally and regionally. The jobholder will be exposed to the training and experience on Shariah advisory, compliance, review, research and training to ensure that all procedural guidelines, rules and regulations issued by the HBMS & INMY Shariah Committee, Central Shariah Group of HSBC Amanah, Systems Access Control (SAC) of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), SAC of Shariah comittee (SC) and other regulatory bodies that relates to Shariah are complied. The job holder is expected to support the Shariah Department and expected to give an adequate support to other member of the Shariah Department in managing Shariah functions namely Shariah audit, Shariah risk management and any Regional/Global Shariah initiative as advised by Head of Shariah.
· To assist in coordinating meetings, compiling proposal papers, disseminating Shariah decisions to relevant stakeholders and engaging with relevant parties who wish to seek further deliberations of issues from Shariah Committee.
· To satisfy the abovementioned requirement through proper management of HBMS Shariah Committee meeting, Shariah policies guidelines, decisions and resolutions issued by the Shariah Committee and any other matters in relation to the Shariah Committee.
· To support Shariah Department so that it can meet the required regulatory standard of Shariah governance practices. The jobholder will also significantly takes part in any Bank's strategic plans and initiatives by ensuring such moves are in line with the Shariah requirements aside from providing thought leadership on the subject matter.
· To assist the Knowledge & Skills Monitoring (KSM) unit through promulgating knowledge on HBMS products to all staff, especially in relation to helping staff understand the underlying concepts/Islamic banking principles. This knowledge can be delivered and monitored via several channels including providing training, monitoring knowledge levels and rectifying misconceptions from time to time. The KSM unit should be a point of reference for content and materials related to HBMS Products.
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum degree in Shariah or its equivalent
· Minimum 2 years experience preferably in Shariah
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· A team player who is self-motivated and results-oriented
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.