Your Responsibilities :
• 12-month, full time, paid internship commencing in January 2020
• Gain invaluable industry experience
• Work within a global organisation that is making a real difference
Our twelve-month, full time Industry Based Learning Program provides undergraduates with practical ‘hands-on' work experience that will set you apart from your peers. You will be a part of a program designed to give you real work experience and optimise your professional development for future opportunities.
You will benefit from:
• Being involved in interesting work that will build your core technical and business skills
• Access to internal and external training opportunities
• Direct support and coaching from your manager and peers
• Being involved in GSK and ViiV Healthcare's volunteer programs to assist the broader community
As part of ViiV Healthcare (within GlaxoSmithKline), you will support the Corporate Affairs team in the areas of: Community Relations and Communications. Provide input into external communications briefs, support the relationship with External Media and Communications agencies, provide support in the development of outward facing corporate communications, develop and implement internal communications strategies across existing internal communications platforms. You assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of community engagement strategies as well as engage under supervision, with specific key affected populations as appropriate, to optimize the impact of ViiV's community engagement strategies. This is an opportunity that will allow you to make a meaningful and tangible contribution to an organisation that is committed to driving innovation and best practice with ethical approaches to all our activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
Applications for the program close on 18th August. Our recruitment process involves eligibility questionnaire at application, World of GSK online assessment, video interview and assessment centre. This process takes place over the course of around 8 weeks, updates will be regularly communicated across email.
You must be in your penultimate or final year of your undergraduate degree upon commencement in the program.
We are looking for passionate, high-performing and motivated students to join our program. You must be in your penultimate or final year of your undergraduate degree in Media, Communications, Public Relations, Public Health, Social Work or related degree to be eligible.
You will have:
• An interest in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry and an understanding of the HIV disease state is favourable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with initiative and an eagerness to learn
• High attention to detail, rigor and process, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent project management, to manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects
• Ability to quickly build strong internal & external networks
Why GSK? :
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company dedicated to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV. ViiV Healthcare is committed to improving the lives of people living with HIV beyond our medicines. Delivering breakthrough innovations through collaborations is key to our culture and an important part of our mission to leave no patient behind.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.