For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Donor Center Technician
We're Grifols, a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Our ideal Donor Center Technician is a stand out colleague who is patient, can handle multiple tasks, and adapt to a dynamic work environment. Ready to learn more? If so, keep on reading!
· Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
· You determine Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
· Promotes customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
· Assesses donor suitability and engages in set-up, monitor, and disconnect procedures of the plasmapheresis machine and donors.
· Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
· Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
· Ensures donor confidentiality.
· Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
· Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and competent manner.
· Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
· Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area, including maintaining supplies necessary to perform job duties.
· Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
· Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
· Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
· Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
· Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
· May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
Are you a fit for Grifols?
Yes, if you have:
· A High School diploma or GED
· Strong customer service skills
· Can work a flexible schedule
· Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable
Location:NORTH AMERICA : USA : ID-Rexburg:USREX2 - Rexburg ID-W 2nd S-BIO
Learn more about Grifols