Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
Responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
• Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large development efforts. Experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings.
• Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition. Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Leads the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
• Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience
AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed & Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems & Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).