Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
AiRXOS interns will gain a wealth of knowledge about commercial drone operations and important challenges in the field, help formulate and solve relevant and pressing problems, and build and test prototype solutions to these.
In this role, the intern will work on high-impact projects related to enhancing capabilities of AiRXOS’s Air Mobility Platform. This includes quickly ramping up to the problems, identify and/or develop solutions, and demonstrate these by building and testing prototype implementations. The intern will be expected to determine what data and resources they need to successfully execute their work, and work with team members in obtaining these in a timely manner. Documenting findings and code is essential. Equally important is code design considerations. Intern assignments are paid, typically 10 to 12 weeks in length, are dynamic and challenging based on the business needs and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure to key technical leaders within AiRXOS; as well as a global internship support network to accelerate learning and development.
· Currently enrolled in a graduate degree in aerospace, robotics, mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering, or related disciplines.
· Minimum cumulative or in-major 3.0/4.0 GPA
· This is a part time internship. Expect to be working approximately 16 hours per week. Extended duration or hours may be considered.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Boston, MA – will be remote until safe to work from our office.
· Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or “STEM” (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Ability to program with one or more of the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Bash, Java.
· Interested in gaining experience in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle ecosystem.
· GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
· Candidates with experience or coursework related to air traffic management systems, algorithm development for UAVs, state estimation and stochastic control, or multi-robot coordination are encouraged to apply
· Proficiency in Java or Python
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly
· Shown creative problem solving and proactive learning
GE rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed & Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems & Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.